Amazing Things You May Not Know About Your Dreams
1. 90% of all dreams are forgotten.
2. Blind people dream too. They just dream a little differently. Those who are blind from birth dream non-visually. In this case, their other senses are magnified and their dreams become those of sounds, smells and sensations….
3. We all dream. If you claim you don’t, it just means you forget them.
4. The faces we see are those we already know. Either people we see everyday or a creature we saw once on TV 5 years ago.
5. Some dream in color while others dream almost exclusively in B&W. Ironically, this may stem from when they grew up. If you grew up when B&W TVs were the norm, you’re more likely to dream that way.
6. Dreams tend to be symbolic. The strange visions you have represent something relevant in your life, even if you don’t recognize it. Your subconscious does all the figuring. Many problems are solved during dreams, even though you may not consciously realize it.
7. The average number of dreams a night is 4-7.
8. Yes, animals dream too.
9. During REM, your body is paralyzed to keep you from hurting yourself by doing what you are doing in a dream. This is where sleep paralysis comes in. It’s when you begin to awaken during REM. Thankfully, this only affect about 6% of us, because some of the things experienced during these events are terrifying.
10. Men and women dream differently and about different subject matter.
11. You can’t dream and snore at the same time.
12. And, as most of us know, you can orgasm during a dream.
[ViralNova.com via Mulder’s World]
30 June 2014