Spooky Number Of Americans Believe In Ghosts
Your mommy and daddy might have told you there are no such things as ghosts.
But nearly half the country thinks otherwise.
A HuffPost/YouGov poll shows that 45 percent of Americans believe in ghosts, or that the spirits of dead people can come back in certain places and situations.
The idea of ghosts as hopeful evidence of life after death goes all the way back to ancient Egypt, where it was commonly believed that death was merely a transition to some mysterious netherworld of another existence.
While skeptics deny the existence of ghosts, claiming there’s no real evidence, polls and surveys have shown the public strongly disagrees.
Of the 1,000 adults interviewed Dec. 17-18, the HuffPost/YouGov poll revealed 45 percent believe in ghosts, or that the spirits of dead people can come back in certain places and situations. When asked if they believe there’s a life after death, 64 percent responded Yes. While 59 percent of adults don’t believe they’ve ever actually seen a ghost, 43 percent also don’t think that ghosts or spirits can harm or interact with living people.
[Lee Speigel, Huffington Post]
- sagittariangenesist likes this
- sagittariangenesist reblogged this from faalst-sokink
- shelby-lynn-mertens likes this
- ohsanity reblogged this from gothwillgraham
- faalst-sokink reblogged this from gothwillgraham
- runicbasso likes this
- curecelestial reblogged this from equinoxparanormal
- curecelestial likes this
- haloofstars reblogged this from equinoxparanormal
- hope-for-kayla likes this
- yourlastnerve reblogged this from equinoxparanormal
- ghosthelwig likes this
- fhreshsouls reblogged this from sea-oflovee
- sea-oflovee reblogged this from equinoxparanormal
- randomcollegeguy reblogged this from equinoxparanormal
- spacemodeactivated reblogged this from cumberloven
- spacemodeactivated likes this
- cumberloven reblogged this from equinoxparanormal
- cum-castles likes this
- equinoxparanormal posted this